Job 2997 – UX Designer / Front End Developer
Based in Grafton, Auckland, our client builds wearable motion sensors that quantify body movement, working with some of the top athletes and sports teams around the world. Data gathered from these devices helps to optimize athlete’s recovery times and can lead to improved performances over time.
They are looking for a UI/UX Designer / Front End Developer that can code what they design. You will play an instrumental role in leading their design function while keeping your development skills fresh. Tasked with shaping and enhancing their ever-growing suite of products, you will have proven experience designing and shipping delightful and performant software. You will understand good user interaction patterns and possess the ability to make complex information simple.
Our client is looking for a designer that will fit right in with the team and is keen to grow alongside them – ideally, you wll be fun, driven, have a passion for technology, creative and have a bloody good attitude!
- Lead the design and participate in developing new or existing features for our mobile, desktop and web portal software in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to take ownership in all aspects of the SDLC, you will be working collaboratively with the development, engineering and sales teams based both locally and remotely, primarily on: Web based dashboards, Desktop applications, Mobile applications
- Work with key stakeholders to continually prioritise customer needs.
- Demonstrable UI/UX design skills with a strong portfolio of work
- Design tools such as Adobe suite, Sketch etc
- Prototyping tools such as InVision, Balsamiq etc
- Version Control
- Scrum, TDD and Agile practices
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Proven track record of working on, and delivering software products to market
- Quality assurance
Bonus points for knowledge in:
- User Research, HCI
- Graphic Design
- Rest API’s, Serverless computing or Node.js servers
- iOS/Android App design and development
- AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean or other cloud providers.
- D3 and/or other data visualization techniques
- SQL, Big Data & Machine Learning
- Wearable sensors and IoT systems
- Sport, both playing and watching
- Biomechanics, sports science and human physiology
Degree(s) in Graphic Design, UI/UX degree, Computer Science, Bootcamp or a related artistic or technical field are all welcome.
If you are keen to work for an innovative tech company with global reach, situated a few minutes from the Mt Eden train station – send your CV and work to Charles Wheeler at The Digital Store, email Charles@thedigitalstore.co.nz, or call The Digital Store on (09) 365 1077 for more details.